|From:||Lee & Peggy Wenk <email@example.com>|
For those using the iodine in xylene method to remove
mercury precipitate from mercury fixed tissue - I have
a question that I have always wondered about --
How do you dispose of the used xylene? It seems it
is now an aromatic hydrocarbon contaminated with
mercury. Isn't that two different methods of removal?
Since I don't know the anwer to this, I still teach my
students about the Lugol iodine/Sodium thiosulfate
methods used after deparaffinization and running
down to water.
Would appreciate any knowledgeable comments
on disposal of mercury contaminated xylene.
Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)
William Beaumont Hospital
Royal Oak, MI 48073
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>