RE: Bouin's and Van Gieson's Commercially

From:"Horn, Hazel V" <>

There are several companies you can get these from.   American Master Tech
and Newcomer's Supply to name a couple.    Sigma also carries a Bouin's

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Woodfin, Amy C []
> Sent:	Friday, February 23, 2001 9:42 AM
> To:	''
> Subject:	Bouin's and Van Gieson's Commercially
> Hi folks,  
> We are trying to get rid of our Picric Acid, but we need to find
> commercially available Bouin's (for Gomori's Trichrome) and Van Gieson's
> (for Verhoeff/Van Gieson).  We do not use Bouin's as a fixative, just in
> these two stains...and the VVG not that often.  Anyone know of any vendors
> for these solutions?  Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks!
> Amy Woodfin
> Pathology Supervisor
> St. Joseph Hospital
> Bellingham, Wa

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>