Pathologists' Assistant Opening
Position: Pathologists' Assistant
Reports to: Pathologist of a hospital based pathology laboratory
Performs dissection of surgical specimens in conjunction with (and under the
supervision of) pathologist. Performs autopsy dissection and associated
administrative and morgue related duties. Assists pathologists in all other
necessary professional duties.
1. Bachelor's degree, preferably in a medically-related or scientific field.
2. Experience in a medically related field, preferably in a diagnostic
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. (Training is provided in
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Dissection of tissues removed at surgery, dictation of gross description of
the specimen, and selection of samples for histological (i.e. microscopic)
2. Performance of autopsy and related administrative tasks in conjunction with
3. Gross specimen photography.
Work Hours and Required Availability:
Weekdays (40 hours/week), with Saturday duties and weekend call in rotation with
two other pathologists' assistants.
Pay and Benefits:
Competitive salary with generous employer-provided medical and retirement
E-mail inquiries are welcome; send to email@example.com
Regular mail: send resume or curriculum vitae to:
Paul M. Gibbs, MD
160 Wyoming Street
Dayton, OH 45409
Deadline: December 22, 2000
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>