Re: paraffin problems

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>
From:"sharon oaborn" <>
To:"kevin gibbon" <>, <>
Date:Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:44:21 -0700
Content-Type:text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Kevin, have you tried to go without using mold release?  We discovered so
many little 'problems' in using mold release that we stopped using a number
of year ago.  The current paraffins (probably due to the polymer
configuration) release from molds easily after they have set up/hardened.
You might try it and eliminate one step in your work...sharon osborn
-----Original Message-----
From: kevin gibbon <>
To: <>
Date: Tuesday, August 10, 1999 9:14 PM
Subject: paraffin problems

>Hi All,
>I also have had this problem and it drove me nuts for a long while.
>However, I traced it to the use of "mold release". Some of the molds were
>drying in the upright position after being dipped in "mold release"
>allowing it to accumulate. When the wax was added the next day the "mold
>release" was absorbed into the wax and consequently caused the sections to
>When the molds were reused (on the same day) then the sections were fine.
>Ever since then the molds are dried upside down and the problem has never
>Kevin Gibbon
>Wax-it Histology Services

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>