RE: [Histonet] IHC and state requirements

From:Rene J Buesa

Probably that lab manager does not know what a dilution is. Anybody that has studied basic physics, or chemistry know what a dilution rate is. Unless the person you are referring to is a PhD on "the ocult" or on arts or the religious field, s/he will know what a dilution is.
  René J.

Laurie Colbert  wrote:
  I am asking this question for someone from another lab. They recently got a new lab manager who stated that the person doing IHC's, who is not licensed as either an HT or HTL but is a Ph.D, is not qualified to be performing IHC's because it involves the dilution of antibodies. Evidently, she is comparing this "requirement" which is applied to Med Techs to that of HT's.
So, I know in the state of California (where we are), there is no state licensure required for HT's, but is there any requirement that applies specifically for the dilution of antibodies - in California or elsewhere???

Laurie Colbert 

-----Original Message-----
[]On Behalf Of Michelle
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 2:31 PM
Subject: [Histonet] IHC and state requirements

I am a Florida licensed HT (ASCP). I'm planning to apply for work out of the
state and have seen jobs titled "Histotechnologist" and was curious if I am
eligible to apply for jobs with this title --if this term is only applied
for HTL credential holders. Or if it is applied to anyone who has
histotechnology experience (I believe someone had mentioned you dont have to
have HT or HTL credentials to work in the field in many states). Some job
listings state IHC duties and I'm guessing I can perform them as an HT
(ASCP) if I have experience or they are willing to train in IHC (unless
otherwise indicated that they are only looking for HTL candidates) Thanks
for any clarification on this.

Histonet mailing list

Histonet mailing list

Shape Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel today!
Histonet mailing list

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>