containers for formalin fixed tissues

From:Cathy Mayton

Dear Tanya,
I buy most of my containers from Industrial Containers & Suppy in Salt Lake City, UT.  Their phone number is 801-972-1561.  There is no minimum $100 order like Show-Me requires and the containers are extremely inexpensive. 
Formalin can go into polystyrene containers (clear plastic) as well as polypropylene and polyethylene (white or natural).  When you call them just describe what you want and you will be surprised at the price.  They also sell glass containers if needed.  I buy all sized containers from them with the most used in our lab is the 16 oz snap top natural polypropylene (cottage cheese container). 
For those who work with plastics like methylmethacryalte and glycol methacrylate, these containers work really well also as infiltrating or mixing containers.  HOWEVER, they must be polypropylene (PP) or high density polyethylene (HDPE).
Tanya, hope this helps.
"Quality Histology with a Personal Touch"
GLP Compliant Laboratory
Cathy A. Mayton
Project Director
Wasatch Histo Consultants, Inc.


<< Previous Message | Next Message >>