California Histotech License

From:John Spair

One of my histotechs is planning on moving to Southern California.  She
asked me if I knew anything about the California license that is required to
work in a healthcare setting as a histotech.  Since we don't have this in
Washington, I have no idea of what is required to get a license.  She has
been a certified HT(ASCP) for like 20 years - is it a process of just
applying for a license, paying your fee and if your HT certified you just
get your license - or do you have to take some sort of examination?   Thank
you all.

John Spair, System Manager
Pathology Services
MultiCare Health System

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>