RE: Heating water in a microwave (and an OT story)
|From:||Terry.Marshall@rgh-tr.trent.nhs.uk (by way of Histonet)|
What an extraordinary incident reported by firstname.lastname@example.org.
I had no idea such a thing could happen. Poor fellow, I'm sure we all wish
Extraordinary things these microwaves. I remember my very first "fiddle"
with a microwave in the lab., when I stupidly perhaps, heated some alcohol
in a coplin jar. It was only for a few seconds, but the lid suddenly flew
off, significantly denting the roof of the oven.
My father when in the earlier stages of Alzheimer's disease, used to
collect coke bottles ("you never know when they will come in handy").
After he filled the garage with them, he melted them all down in the
microwave to save space. Truly.
A dreadful disease.
Terry L Marshall B.A.(Law), M.B.Ch.B., F.R.C.Path
Rotherham General Hospital, Yorkshire
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>