Re: DAB Disposal
|From:||"Lange, Jana" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
Found a little more detail in the 1999 Pharmingen Catalog (p. 921)
1. Prepare the following aqueous solutions:
0.2M Potassium Permanganate (31.6 g/L)
2.0M Sulfuric Acid (112 ml concentrated acid/L)
2. If necessary, dilute DAB solution. It should not be over 0.9 mg/ml.
3. For each 10 ml of DAB solution add:
5 ml 0.2M Pot. Permanganate
5 ml 2.0M Sulfuric Acid
4. Allow mixture to stand for at least 10 hours, during which time the DAB
will become non-mutagenic.
5. To decolorize solution, add powdered ascorbic acid.
6. To neutralize decolorized solution, add sodium bicarbonate. Test
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>