<< Previous Message | Next Message >>
From:Gayle Callis <> (by way of histonet)
To:histonet <>
Content-Type:text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

If you are going to use tyramide amplification, you MUST buy the
kit from NEN, a patented product or suffer possible consequences of
being sued.  Patents are held in and out of USA. Both DAKO and NEN
sell this technology.

There are no exceptions, even though it is in the literature that
in house can be done.  I would not take the chance, and have had feedback
on this from our university Patent officer, and there are no research
exceptions in the patent law.  Patent holder may choose to publish
research, but this does not release those reading the publication
to practice the technology, words from our patent officer.

Sad but true!  I will discuss this further in private email messaging if
anyone is interested.

Gayle Callis

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>