RE: H & E and nitrile gloves

<< Previous Message | Next Message >> (by way of histonet)
To:histonet <>
Content-Type:text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

	If you are already set up to do IHC the you probably have all of the
necessary deparaffinization and rehydration/dehydration set up,  all you
need is a good Hematoxylin & Eosin. I would recommend you try Richard-Allan.
You could but a pint of Hem, a pint of Eosin and a gallon of clarifier and
be good to go. I like their 7211 Hematoxylin, it is stable for a long while
and very consistent.
Best of luck!
Mary Georger
> ----------
> From: 	Robyn Bilinski[]
> Sent: 	Wednesday, September 30, 1998 2:42 PM
> To: 	Histonet
> Subject: 	H & E and nitrile gloves
> Hello Histonetters;
> We are a small research lab that does some IHC, and would like to do our
> own H&Es.  Does anyone know of a vendor that sells a kit with the reagents
> you need to do H&Es?  If not, where can I order the appropriate reagents.
> (I noticed that there are many different formulations of Hematoxylin and
> Eosin).  Also, I read the discussion on nitrile gloves, and would like to
> know where I can order some that would be appropriate for daily use.
> thanks a million!
> Robyn
> --------------------------------------------------
> Robyn Bilinski
> Dept. of Surgery
> The New York Hospital - Cornell Medical College
> NY, NY 10021
> E-Mail:

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>