Here is a protocol that our customers use and like.
(None of the microwave times listed include ramp time)
1. Fix your samples
2. Room temperature fix in Preserve or other Formalin free fixative,
for 30 minutes (This step is intended if you should decide to use a
Formalin free fixative after the tissue has been in Formalin)
3. Microwave fix for 4 minutes at 55°C.
4. Microwave in 100% ethyl alcohol for 4 minutes at 67°C.
5. Microwave in 100%isopropyl alcohol for 4 minutes at 74?C.
6. Microwave in paraffin for 7 minutes at 84°C. (use Polar Heat sheet)
We have more should you want others~
Microwave Product Manager
Energy Beam Sciences, Inc.
Toll Free 1(800)-992-9037 ext. 341
(860)-653-0411 ext. 341
Histonet mailing list