POTENTIAL OPENING FOR TWO JUNIOR LEVEL HISTOLOGISTS
CAMBRIDGE, MA AREA
**Please forward this message to potential candidates**
Seeking a motivated, team player that will bring his/her skills and experience to work in a progressive and dynamic environment - an effective communicator who is able to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Undergraduate degree required and ASCP certification (HT) preferred
- Basic histology skills and at least 1-2 years of practical experience in clinical or research needed
- Hands-on experience with small animal tissue dissection / necropsy desired
- Familiarity with fixation techniques, processing, embedding, sectioning and staining is essential
- Perform basic special stains and prepare solutions as needed
- Responsible for keeping inventory of tissues, blocks, and slides
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Reliability, conscientious with strong attention to detail
- Basic computer knowledge (data entry, MS Word / Excel)
Other than general histology, the position will focus on computer analysis / morphometry as well as data entry and filing.
The position(s) will cross train within various areas of the lab as well advanced techniques in immunofluorescence and general IHC.
Please forward resumes ASAP and/or questions via EMAIL to:
Gustave T. Hebert
Histonet mailing list