Re: Fume Hoods

From:"Anthony f. Brandwood"

--On 03 October 2001 14:06 +0200 "Ryan, Genoula K Ms USAMH" 

> Okay Histonetters, I have another question for you:
> What type of gross fume hoods and coverslipping fume hoods are being used
> out there?  Is there a certain brand that is better than others?  Our TLV
> (Threshold Limit Value) exceeded the ACGIH's (American Conference of
> Governmental Industrial Hygienists) levels for formaldehyde.  We are
> required to get new hoods ASAP.  Any information would greatly be
> appreciated.  I don't have access to the net right now and no catalogs
> printed after the early 90's !!!  :-)
> Thank You,
> Genie K. Ryan,
> Histology Supervisor
> DSN: 371-2653
> 49-6221-172653

Dear Genie,

We have two Labconco fume adsorbers that we use to contain our staining 
sets and also for coverslipping.The filters are for xylene use only.We have 
had them for about 18 months and we are very pleased with them.
Labconco's address is:-
Labconco Corporation,
8811 Prospect Avenue,
or http/
or e-mail
The agent in the U.K. is GRI Ltd,Braintree,Essex, Tel No. 01376 332900 or 

Hope this helps,

Best Wishes,

Tony Brandwood,
Deputy Laboratory Superintendent,
Dept. of Veterinary Pathology,
University of Liverpool,
P.O.Box 147,
L69 3BX.
Tel. No. 0151 794 4251
Fax. No. 0151 794 4268


<< Previous Message | Next Message >>