RE: [Histonet] Histotechnology trivia
|From:||"Gladney, Diane C Ms MACH" |
Thanks, I needed that laugh....hospital computer system has been down for 2
days and has just now been restored to operation. Lots of info to enter into
LIS now.... I really needed this light hearted commentary.
Swamped With Paper Work,
Diane C. Gladney, HT (ASCP)
Histology /Cytology Supervisor
Moncrief Army Community Hospital
P.O. BOX 484
4500 Stuart Ave.
FT. Jackson, SC 29207
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
From: Ford Royer [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 3:28 PM
To: Histo Net
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Histotechnology trivia
>I got a card today telling me Thermo Shandon is now Thermo Electron, the
latest step in companies gobbleing each other up.
>Only a few years ago there was the Shandon and Lipshaw companies. Shandon
took over Lipshaw, who were in turn taken over by Thermo electron.
>And then years ago Spencer Microtomes were taken over by American Optical,
who were taken over by Reichert, and then Leica. Is that right? Will there
be only one or two histology equipment companies soon?
>Mobile AL USA
I hear you Mike... it's almost impossible to keep up with all the
mergers, and not just in Histology.
Here's a funny that relates to the topic:
Investment tips for 2004.... for all of you with any money left In the
wake of the Exxon/Mobile deal and the AOL/TimeWarner implode be aware of
the next expected mergers so that you can get in on the ground floor and
make some BIG bucks.
Watch for these consolidations in 2004:
1. Hale Business Systems, Mary Kay Cosmetics, Fuller Brush, and W.
R.Grace Co. will merge and become: Hale, Mary, Fuller, Grace.
2. Polygram Records, Warner Bros., and Zesta Crackers join forces and
become: Poly, Warner Cracker.
3. 3M will merge with Goodyear and issue forth as: MMMGood.
4. Zippo Manufacturing, Audi Motors, Dofasco, and Dakota Mining will
merge and become: ZipAudiDoDa.
5. FedEx is expected to join its major competitor, UPS, and become: FedUP.
6. Fairchild Electronics and Honeywell Computers will become:
7. Grey Poupon and Docker Pants are expected to become: Poupon Pants.
8. Knotts Berry Farm and the National Organization of Women will
become: Knott NOW!
That's all for now.....invest wisely!
Ford Royer, MT(ASCP)
Histonet mailing list
Histonet mailing list
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>