[Histonet] RE: transfecting GFP into suspension cells

From:Tamara Howard

You asked about getting a GFP construct into cells growing in suspension - 
2 possibilities: 

If you have access to the proper "toy", you can electroporate. But you'll 
need an electroporator and the cuvettes....and working out the conditions 
for a new cell line can be a royal pain.

Second option - use one of the transfection reagents available on the 
market. FuGene and Lipofectamine are the "old standards"; check with 
Clontech, Roche, Gibco....

Good luck!

 Tamara Howard
 Department of Cell Biology and Physiology
 University of New Mexico - Health Sciences Center
 Albuquerque, NM 87131

Histonet mailing list

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>