Re: NCCLS Site Visit

From:Lee & Peggy Wenk

NAACLS is the accrediting agency for HT, HTL, MT, MLT programs.
(National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences vs.
NCCLS which does laboratory standards that CAP is always asking
if we are following.)

Their web site is:

On their home page, Click on "Find a Program" on the left side.

Once in this search page, highlight "HT" under "Type of Program"
and highlight "Texas" under "State". Then click "Search."

That should bring up 2 NAACLS accredited HT programs in Texas,
along with address, phone numbers, program directors names,
email, etc.

U. Texas MD Anderson in Houston
U. Texas HSC at San Antonio

Also, go to the NAACLS site, and download the Essentials (= Standards)
for HT programs. And contact NAACLS for information about
starting a program. They can help, too.

Good luck.

Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)
William Beaumont Hospital
Royal Oak, MI 48073

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Black" 
To: "
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 4:33 PM
Subject: NCCLS Site Visit

We are in the process of evaluating the feasibility of a NCCLS approved HT
program at our hospital (in association with a college or university). Is
there anyone in Texas that has a NCCLS HT program that we could site visit
and ask questions?? I do not want to reinvent the wheel. As always, thanks
for your continued generosity.

Mike Black
Manager, Laboratory Operations
Covenant Medical Center
3615 19th Street
Lubbock, Texas 79410
(806) 725-0037

<< | Next Message >>