Re: "Vibratomes"

From:"Steven E. Slap" <>

Dear HistoNetters,

Emma Carter asked about buying a "vibratome."  For the record, let me say
again that "Vibratome" is the registered trade name of a specific
instrument made by Technical Products International in St Louis, Missouri
(USA) and sold in the United States by Ted Pella, Energy Beam Sciences,
Polysciences and Kramer Scientific.  They have a website
( with lots of good information on their
instruments.  As Roger Moretz pointed out, Vibratomes are available with
built-in chillers as an option.

Different vibrating blade microtomes are sold by Electron Microscopy
Sciences, Leica and Camden Instruments.

Best regards,
Steven Slap
Springfield, MA

Radio Free Siksik, Nature's Own Broadband
send an email to

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>