RE: RE: [Histonet] Friday Fun Fume

From:"Ingles Claire"

Well I always thought old histotechs never died, they were just well fixed. Oh yea, The histo lab at our main hospital is still in the basement and you have to go UP one floor to get to the morgue! Talk about an ego dropper. By the way, what are windows? :)


From: on behalf of Shirley Powell
Sent: Fri 5/18/2007 9:29 AM
To: 'Lynette Pavelich';;
Subject: RE: RE: [Histonet] Friday Fun Fume

45 years ago (coming this July 18th) when I began training (I was 2 at the
time :) ), it was in the basement of the hospital in the animal room where
they used to keep the rabbits for the pregnancy tests, no windows, not much
ventilation if any, and we dried our slides with a hair dryer (yes they had
those back then) and we stored all the specimens in jars of formalin in the
closet next to that room, so now you know why I am defective, or is it just
fixed.  Xylene fumes, I can't smell anymore and my liver enzymes run high,
not me.  Oh well that could be from the wine consumption.  My salary at that
time would not buy groceries today for a week and gas is out of the
question.  Call me an antique, not old.

Shirley Powell

Histonet mailing list

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>