[Histonet] Histology Supervisor - New York City
|From:||"Innovative Medical Recruiting" |
We are conducting a search for a qualified Histology Supervisor for a very large, state-of-the-art, commercial laboratory in New York City. My client is a multi-billion dollar biotechnology company, servicing patients in over 80 countries, and dedicated to making a major positive impact on the lives of people with serious diseases. For over 20 years my client's products and services have focused on the treatment of rare inherited disorders, kidney disease, orthopedics, transplant and immune disease, cancer, and diagnostic testing. Their commitment today continues with a substantial research and development program focused on genetic diseases, immune system disorders, heart disease, and cancer.
A brief description of the job is listed below:
Supervises and is responsible for all histology procedures and operation of the Histology Laboratory. Trains and coordinates staff to ensure the highest quality work as well as an excellent turn-around-time.
1. Oversees and/or performs all procedures under the scope of the Histology laboratory.
2. Oversees the staining of H & E's, embedding, slide set up and positive control production, cutting and all "Special Stains".
3. Sets up R & D assays and reviews protocol changes or new reagent tests to be added to the daily caseload.
4. Trains new employees, administers competency examinations and documents all continuing education.
1. Oversees the maintenance of stock solutions and reagents preparations.
2. Oversees the proper labeling and dating of prepared reagents and solutions.
3. Tests and validates all new reagents.
1. Evaluates and documents quality and quantity of work daily.
2. Ensures documentation of daily performance of reagents and equipment.
3. Revises and updates Standard Operating Procedures Manual for the Histology Laboratory.
4. Checks that the QC record keeping of equipment is accurately recorded and reviews documents on a monthly basis.
5. Selects, tests and coordinates efforts to maintain the positive control tissue bank for the Histotechnicians.
6. Ensures that all new reagents are validated before use as clinical reagents.
7. Performs validations for reagents, procedures and/or equipment.
8. Reviews and spot-checks slides for staining and compliance with procedures.
Is able to perform trouble-shooting procedures for the Histology lab and to instruct others on same.
1. Coordinates and trains, either directly or through lead/senior personnel in the Histology Laboratory and insures proper coverage using FTE's and part time personnel.
a. Maintains numeric data on lab test output.
b. Maintains up-to-date files for all staff according to QA standards.
3. Inventory Control: Ensures a consistent supply of reagents and consumables by submitting supply requisitions in a timely manner.
4. Quality Assurance:
a. Follows all Quality Assurance procedures as mandated by laboratory licensing agencies. For example:
1. Generates incident reports as needed.
2. Responsible for development and implementation of all corrective actions.
3. Expected to attend all monthly QA meetings and report lab incidents, QI statistics, and trends.
4. Reports to staff the findings of monthly QA meetings.
5. Communicates with staff through use of communication log and/or lab meetings.
5. Answers phone inquiries and takes messages.
1. Responsible for the knowledge and practice of safety SOP's in the laboratory.
2. Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
3. Controls exposure to hazardous chemicals and other safety hazards such as:
b. Strong and obnoxious fumes
c.Sharp and dangerous blades and needles
d. Biohazard exposure to fresh/frozen specimens
PERSONAL WORK CONTACTS:
1. Reports to and takes direction from the Director of Technical Services.
2. Takes direction from the professional and medical staff.
3. Trains and supervises technical staff assigned to the Histology laboratory.
4. Interfaces with other laboratory and operational departments for specimen processing and other cooperative efforts.
5. Maintains a pleasant, cooperative and respectful relationship with co-workers and all staff.
1. Bachelor's degree in the biological sciences is required.
2. Five years of progressive histology and/or pathology laboratory experience.
3. Good working knowledge of microanatomy and familiarity with the staining characteristics of the antibodies currently in use.
4. ASCP certification is preferred.
5. Good communication skills
6. Thrives on the opportunity to excel.
Very competitive base salary ($85K - 95K range), along with some of the best healthcare, retirement, and 401(k) benefits in the industry.
All qualified and interested candidates should attach a resume as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Dale Busbee, Owner
Innovative Medical Recruiting, LLC
Histonet mailing list
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>