Re: [Histonet] Osmium Tetroxide Protocol
It's better than nothing, but not really adequate. OsO4 is really nasty
stuff; you should treat it with great caution. A mask won't help at all,
unless you mean a full-scale respirator - it's fumes you're worried about,
not particles - but you should certainly wear gloves and a lab-coat, and
change the gloves frequently. If you can't use a real fume hood,
properly-fitting goggles might be an idea, too; the fumes can fix the cornea
permanently, and possibly even affect the retina. Do you have the MSDS sheet
for OsO4? That would give you all the information you need.
on 25/05/2004 12:06 PM, email@example.com at firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> Hi Histonetters,
> When handling Osmium Tetroxide, is a chemical fume gard such as an Bench Top
> fume absorber appropriate to use for this chemical?
> Also, should you wear other PPE besides gloves, gown etc. Should you wear a
> mask also?
> Thank you.
> Marsha Price
> The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
> Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
> Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!
> Histonet mailing list
Histonet mailing list
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>