Re: safe disposal of chemicals

From:Barbara Stancel

Nancy, If you don't have a safety officer/haz waste manager at your 
facility, try the local public water works.  When I had trouble finding 
someone to call, I just opened the phone book and found the number for our 
city/county water department. They were a big help and got me going in the 
right direction. If they can't help, try a college or university with a 
chemistry, medical, or dental department. Ask to speak with they safety 
people. Check your phone book under "government offices" (US government and 
State). Scan the list of departments for a possible applicable department 
and start calling. Every state is so different, you may have to make many 
calls.     But my money is on your local public works department. If you 
don't like the first guys answer....ask to speak to his boss. Keep on going 
up until you find some one with answers.

Best of Luck,
Histologically yours,

Barbara H. Stancel, HTL(ASCP)HT
USDA, FSIS, OPHS, Eastern Laboratory, Pathology
RRC, 950 College Station Road
Athens, Georgia  30604
phone: (706) 546-3556
fax: (706) 546-3589

>Subject: safe disposal of chemicals
>Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 06:58:20 -0400 (EDT)
>I'm trying to find out how to safely dispose of the solutions used in 
>stains.  I'm in MA, not in the MWRA district.  If the answer is to contact
>local and state regulating authorities, does anyone know specifically who
>that is?

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device:

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>