Re: "Well" slides

From:Sarah LaBonte <>

Russ, could you be talking about "Netwells" made by corning.  I have used them for free floating sections.  They are a plate of 12 wells I think and you can use little screen inserts in them to tranfer the sections.   Just a thought.   Sarah

>>> RUSS ALLISON <> 05/11/01 02:20AM >>>
I am trying to find a source of small "floating out" dishes, akin to 
"embryo" dishes.
An embryo block is a square of thick glass containing a depression 
sufficient to float a frozen section.  The block is about 2.5 cm 
square, the depression about 2 cm diameter and 1 cm at its 
deepest point.
A member of our staff, recently returned from the US, was using a 
composite of about ten of these blocks made as a single unit.  

Anyone have the faintest idea of what I am writing about???
If so, do you know a source?
Bemused Russ

Russ Allison, 
Dental School

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>