Spurr embedding

From:Cathy Mayton

Dear Pam,
If you are trying to embed tissue such an artery (tube), would it be possible to embed in a Peel-Away mold on a prepolymerized layer?  That way transverse (cross) sections of the tube can be achieved.  You could do the same thing with the tissue you want to section on edge.  Lay the tissue flat on a prepolymerized layer, fresh Spurr, polymerize and trim the block so that you are sectioning on edge.  I know that Polysciences sells these molds.
Hope this helps,
"Quality Histology with a Personal Touch"
Cathy A. Mayton, HT(ASCP)
Wasatch Histo Consultants, Inc.
Winnemucca, NV   89445

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>