RE: Spurr Resin Embedding

From:"Morken, Tim"

Pam, get an embedding mold designed to embed the sample flat - then you just
lay the tube structure down in the mold with the end of interest against the
edge or tip. EM supply companies have a variety of these.

Tim Morken
CDC. Atlanta

-----Original Message-----
From: pam plumlee [] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 2:00 PM
To: HistoNet Server
Subject: Spurr Resin Embedding

Hi:  Wondering if there are any experts on embedding
techniques using Spurr Resin.  The project, with
infiltration and polymerization is going well, but I'm
trying to embed a tube like structure on end.  It
keeps on falling over...I just know theres a way to do
it!  I also have specs I'd like to embed flat and on
edge.  Any helpful hints are appreciated, thanks, Pam

Pamela A. Plumlee

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>