? about Histologist work

From:Snobird75@aol.com (by way of Histonet)

Ok here goes;
What is the difference between a Histologist and a Research Histologist?
First I have been trained in histology including my AA Degree from a
recognized approved college, for the field of Histology.I am board
certified, ASCP since 1996.
I have in the past work in Histology at two local Hospitals.
With routine work, microtoming paraffin sections, also fresh frozen. All
tissue from Human Hospital surgeries.

I now have a job in research . I have been working here now for 3.5 yrs . I
cut a lot of skin, brains,ear tissue, from different rodents also cut large
brain sections and Hearts from Swine pigs and NHP. I also cut up to and
over 1,000 slides on a given protocol ( several rodents)
I also cut multiple sections of brain 8 slides on on block.
I have cut up to 10 slides on mouse ears. (serial sections).
I have even received awards for outstanding histology slides I have cut.
I also am involved with per fusions of rodents.
Now with this type of work I am I a research Histologist?
I work for many doctors here in research.
I have one doctor that is for some reason not happy all of a sudden with
the brains I cut for him. He feels he need to teach me to be a research
He even came and picked his blocks up , he tried to cut them and he can't
do any better then me.
But yet again he wants to teach me to be a research histologist.

I am I missing something here.
I have been in the field since 1996.
Does anyone know the difference on how I will microtome different being a
research histologist?
Thank you
Sandi Miller HT

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>