Biological Safety Cabinets


For any of the histology labs that routinely handle CJD (Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease) tissues, what type of biologic safety cabinet do you use; i.e. assuming it's a class 2 hood, is it type A or type B1, B2, or B3 and why do you use that particular one?


Tanya D. Lemire, DVM, Diplomate ACVP

Animal Disease Research & Diagnostic Laboratory

South Dakota State University

Veterinary Science Department

Box 2175, North Campus Drive

Brookings, South Dakota  57007-1396

(605) 688-5643 (office)

(605) 688-6003 (fax)



"A society that will trade a little freedom for a little security
will lose both and deserves neither." --Thomas Jefferson.



<< Previous Message | Next Message >>