Re: FW: terminology question


i think the autopsy laws are different from state to state.  in colorado we are not allowed to charge for autopsies, but there is a autopsie cost reimbursement program for recovering some of the cost of doing them.

James Small wrote:

 Of course, in MOST hospitals I'm familiar with, the doctor gets paid $0 for autopsies and still pays the assistant...Jim Small MD And our "doc' get payed $500 and pays the assistant (who does most of the work)  $75....
-----Original Message-----
From: Blair, Keith R Mr IACH []
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 4:16 PM
To: 'Jaclynn Lett'; HistoNet (E-mail)
Subject: RE: terminology question
a morgue deiner is a histotech (usually) that assists at autopsies or sometimes does almost all the autopsy him/her self and then the pathologist comes in and observes and records the results

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaclynn Lett []
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 3:15 PM
To: HistoNet (E-mail)
Subject: terminology question

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "deiner" or "diener"?  (Sorry, I don't
remember the correct spelling.)  An internet search didn't help.

Thank you,

JM Lett
Central Institute for the Deaf
St. Louis, MO

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>