Re: methyl green as counterstain
|From:||Greg Dobbin <dobbin@Upei.CA>|
The following is the protocol supplied with the Vector Methyl Green
1) Rinse slides in tap water.
2) Stain as follows:
- For individual slides, apply room temp. Vector M.G. solution to
sections. Incubate slides at 60 degrees C on a slide warmerfor 1-5
mins. After incubation, rinse slides with ddH2O until rinse water is
- For batch processing, preheat Vector M.G. solution to 60 degrees
in a coplin jar. Add slides and incubate at 60 for 1-5 mins. Rinse as
3) Wash slides for 1 min in ddH2O. Remove slides and tap to
eliminate excess water.
4) Dip slides 5-10 times in acetone containing 0.05% (v/v) acetic
5)Immediately dehydrate, clear, and permanently mount.
Hope this helps. Greg
Date sent: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:04:37 +1100
From: Tina Cardamone <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: methyl green as counterstain
Forwarded to: DOBBIN@acad1.cs.upei.ca
> I have a simple question regarding methyl green.
> Does anyone have a methyl green counterstain protocol for
> It sounds simple however I can't seem to find a protocol anywhere.
> Thanks in advance.
> Tina Cardamone
> University of Melbourne.
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>