RE: [Histonet] Paraffin specimen clamp

From:"Ford Royer"

You need an adjustable jaw clamp (or C clamp) specimen holder.  Check with
your local Microm Fisher Healthcare rep.

Ford M. Royer, MT(ASCP)
Histology Product Manager
Minnesota Medical, Inc.
7177 Madison Ave. W.
Golden Valley, MN 55427-3601
CELL: 612-839-1046
Phone: 763-542-8725
Fax: 763-546-4830

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Kinsley,
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 2:48 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Paraffin specimen clamp


I cut paraffin sections on a Microm HM 355 microtome.  I recently
received some paraffin samples from Europe and they are rectangular
paraffin blocks measuring approximately 32x22x22mm without any plastic
cassette attached to them.  Does anyone know where I may be able to
purchase a different type of specimen holder/clamp that would hold the
paraffin block directly without the need for a cassette?

Unfortunately, I cannot melt the blocks and re-embed them with

thanks in advance


This message and any attachments are solely for the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
disclosure, copying, use or distribution of the information 
included in this message is prohibited -- Please 
immediately and permanently delete.
Histonet mailing list

Histonet mailing list

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>