RE: Oil Red O
The way I've done it is:
1. Rinse tissue in running water for a few hours to get rid of formalin.
2. Pat dry, and freeze as you would any other tissue.
3. Cut sections at anywhere between 4-8 microns.
4. Place slides in absolut Propylene Glycol for 5 min.
5. Transfer slides to Oil Red O for 2-4 hours.
6. Rinse in 85% propylene glycol for 5 min.
7. Counterstain with hematoxylin.
8. Rinse air dry and coverslip with aqueous media.
Hope this helps,
Juan C. Gutierrez, HT(ASCP)
Christus Santa Rosa Hospital
From: Sean Trombley [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 2:13 PM
Subject: Oil Red O
I was hoping to get a protocol for Oil Red O on NBF fixed frozen mouse
and intestine. I would appreciate a freezing protocol as well. We are
a debate in our lab as to the best way to approach this. Thanks in advance
W. Haven, CT
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>