Re: methyl carnoys

From:Geoff McAuliffe

    It is called "Methacarn" and was reported some years ago by Holde Putchler and her research group. You are correct, substitute methanol for ethanol in Carnoy. I suspect that the details can be found an a good Histotechnology/Microtechnique text.

"Molinari, Betsy" wrote:

Good day everyone,
Has anyone out there heard of methyl Carnoys? I am assuming that it is Carnoys where the ethyl alcohol is replaced with methyl. It has been mentioned in a protocol that is used for perfusing mouse kidneys for renin.

Any information would be helpful and if anyone has a recipe for methyl Carnoys would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Betsy MolinariHT (ASCP)

Texas Heart Institute


Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.
Neuroscience and Cell Biology
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
675 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854
voice: (732)-235-4583; fax: -4029

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>