Re: [Histonet] Lab assistant working in histology

From:Rene J Buesa

  That depends on the State you live in. I do not know about Pennsylvalia and you should consult with your local lab authorities.
  In other States (like Florida) there are regulations and licensure requirements.
  Licensed tasks like ANY related to the tissue sample itself have to be done by licensed personnel (cassetting, embedding, sectioning, special stains).
  Unlicensed tasks are those than can be completed automatically (tissue processing, routine staining and coverslipping, labelling slides, collatings reports, changing reagents in processors or stainers, etc.) can be completed by unlicensed personnel.
  The raitonale is that when dealing with tissues and samples there should be a certaining training level and a license to credit it.
  Hope this will help you.
  René J.

Rebecca Barnhart  wrote:
  Does anyone know of a regulation (CLIA, CAP, JACHO) preventing a lab
assistant from working in histology (embedding, cutting, staining,
coverslipping and changing solutions)? Thanks!

Histonet mailing list

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low  PC-to-Phone call rates.
Histonet mailing list

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>