Re: How to homologate HT certifications

From:Sharron Ladd

Although your education will be considered, the experience needed to qualify for the ASCP exam must be obtained here in the USA (see You will need 1 to 2 years experience to qualify for the Histotechnician examination (depending on your situation).
Florida did do away with the State licensing exam, however, you must still obtain a State license. One of the requirements for getting a State license is that you must be certified by the ASCP. You must pass both the written and practical exam portions and they do not issue temporary licenses while you wait (sometimes for 6 months) for your exam results.
Hope this helps.
Tampa, Florida

rueggp wrote:
Contact ASCP to see if your Argentina experience and degree will fullfil the requirement to sit for the HT certification exam her in the USA.  Our HT certification is valid nationally (in any state), some states also have a liscence program, but I thought I heard that FL did away with their state liscense????  Contact the board of registery at ASCP
or Ken Gillespie personally at the BOR at "Gillespie, Kenneth" <> and ask him how your training in Argentina will transfer here.

"Ricardo I. G.L." wrote:

  Hi,      I'm calling from Argentina. I'm an HT with a local diploma (2 years after the high).     I'm evaluating a move to Florida.     Does anyone know: a)how can I homologate my HT diploma for the Florida State b)If there are any kind of visa sponsorship for technicians like me I'm good with special stains, hard tissues, ready-for-paper slides, and some scanning microscope experience.  Thanks, Maria 

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>