Re: LFB short protocol
1. Deparaffinize and hydrate slides to 95% alcohol.
2. LFB solution - 1-2 hours, 60 degree C.
100 mL of 95% alcohol (ethanol)
0.1 g Luxol Fast Blue
0.5 mL of a 10% acetic acid solution
3. Rinse in 95% alcohol
4. Rinse in d. water.
5. Differentiate in 0.05% aq. lithium carbonate.
6. Rinse in d. water
7. Finish differentiation in 70% ethanol.
8. Rinse in d. water.
9. Counterstain if desired - your choice of counterstains
(nuclear fast red, PAS, PASH, and cresyl echt violet
(cresyl violet acetate) are common).
10. Dehydrate and Clear. Coverslip with synthetic
Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)
William Beaumont Hospital
Royal Oak, MI 48073
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christina Benou"
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 4:50 PM
Subject: LFB short protocol
> Hello everyone,
> Someone via this network mentioned that there is a short protocol for
> luxol fast blue staining (which does not require overnight staining).
> Can you describe this briefly to me, please?
> Thanks in advance
> Christina Benou
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>