RE: Polyfreeze

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>
From:"Kellar, Eric" <> (by way of Marvin Hanna)
Content-Type:text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Polyfreeze is a water soluble 'polyol' resin that is cured at around -15
degree C. Uniroyal Chemical Co. is a world leader in the manufacturing of a
variety of polyols (polyhydric alcohols) - alcohol derivatives of sugar with
more than one hydroxyl group. Polyfreeze cryostat embedding medium is
available by the case from:

Polysciences, Inc.
Warrington, PA 18976

Give them a call, they may offer a sample for you to compare.

Eric C. Kellar

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Hammer
Sent: 1/22/00 11:58 PM
Subject: Re: Polyfreeze

Lighten up Valleygal, it's only medicine.  *evil grin*
 I'm sure you will get a valid response. :)  I do remember taking all
covers when living and trying to sleep in Minnesota!

On a serious note, I would be interested in the difference between OCT
Anyone know?

Don Hammer, Retired Guy
----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: <>
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2000 5:06 PM
Subject: Polyfreeze

> OK, so I asked a dumb question - who makes Polyfreeze?
> All I have had is smart ass answers and I have a serious problem here
> one of the researchers who submits samples to my lab for frozen
> Somebody told him to use polyfreeze when snap freezing liver tissue -
> didn't think to ask where they could get the I put the
> you guys.
> Maybe I should have phrased it differently:
> Does anybody out there in histo land know of a COMPANY that makes a
> similar to OCT that is called POLYFREEZE?
> I don't care to know that Poly's husband hogs the blankets on a cold
> Minnesota nite...making her freeze!!!!!
> Please, a serious answer if any of you know it.
> Andi

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>