I sampled a case and hated them. My sales rep said they had been very well received and I was the only one complaining about them but my top gripes were:
1) They were too short and I couldn't fit as many sections on a slide.
2) The bottom corners are angled (or clipped) and when I put the slide on a staining tray, all of the reagent streamed off the corner. This also happened with mounting medium when I coverslipped them.
3) When I put them in a staining rack, it scraped the tissue off because they were shorter.
4) The frosted edge turns pink when stained with H & E which my Pathologist hated.
5) You cannot easily "float off a section" in the water bath if you are not happy with it. It sticks like glue.
I had ten reasons but the others must not have been so aweful because I can't remember them. ;0
I would suggest getting a sample and seeing what you think.
Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live.
Histonet mailing list