This might be a stretch. But we really need to get a postdoc quickly and I would try here. Please send the information to your friends and colleagues.
Shengwen Zhang, Ph.D.
Center for Narcolepsy
Stanford University School of Medicine
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
701B Welch Road, #117
Palo Alto, CA 94304-5742
Postdoctoral position in the area of sleep, synaptic plasticity and metabolism. We are seeking a motivated scientist to join the team working on sleep, hypocretin and neurosciences. For further information about the Center for Narcolepsy, please visit http://med.stanford.edu/school/Psychiatry/narcolepsy.
* Mouse and rat handling, husbandry, breeding and genotyping of transgenics (genomic DNA preparation and PCR)
* In vivo studies including surgery (transmitter and EEG/EMG implantation), drug administration, sample harvesting, documentation, data acquisition, analysis and interpretation
* Molecular, biochemical, histological and immunological assays
* PhD degree in biology,neuroscience or related field
* Good animal handling skills and data management skills required
* Previous surgical experiences highly desirable
* Experienced with instrumentation (mechanical and electronic)
* Sophisticated with Microsoft Excel, statistical and graphic software
* Independence in the conception and design of experiments advantageous
* Ability to learn new skills quickly
* Responsible and reliable
Histonet mailing list