Carol and all, We use a mild dish soap with some 70% Ethanol to make
a mold release. Lightly brush it into your mold and then the
paraffin block should come right out. You can then clean the mold
with soapy water and dry. my best, John
Carol Brown wrote:
> Our facility has, over the years, varied the process in which we clean our
> base molds. We have most recently been avoiding the use of xylene or it's
> substitutes do to the odor and, upon subsequent washing, is hard on the
> plastic plumbing and rubber washers is the washer that we use.
> Since we no longer use a paraffin solvent prior to washing our dishwasher is
> plugging up due to the solidification of paraffin.
> How do other facilities remove the paraffin from their metal base molds and
> have them clean for the next use?
> Thanks in advance for your assistance.
> Carol Brown
> Technical Administrator
> Westman Regional Laboratory
> Fax 204-725-0259
John A. Baker
The University of Michigan
Orthopaedic Research Laboratories
400 North Ingalls, G160
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0486
Main lab office phone:734-763-9674
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>