RE: Cleaning of metal Base molds

From:"Bartlett, Jeanine"


I honestly find that I do not need to clean my metal base molds.  When I
receive them new I simply spray them once with a good mold release spray and
I have not found the need to clean them or re-spray them since.  

Jeanine Bartlett, HT(ASCP)
Centers for Disease Control
Infectious Disease Pathology Activity
1600 Clifton Rd., N.E.  MS-G32
Atlanta, GA  30333 

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Brown []Jeanine 

Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 9:45 AM
To: 'HistoNet Server'
Cc: Neff, Faye
Subject: Cleaning of metal Base molds

Our facility has, over the years, varied the process in which we clean our
base molds.  We have most recently been avoiding the use of xylene or it's
substitutes do to the odor and, upon subsequent washing, is hard on the
plastic plumbing and rubber washers is the washer that we use.
Since we no longer use a paraffin solvent prior to washing our dishwasher is
plugging up due to the solidification of paraffin.
How do other facilities remove the paraffin from their metal base molds and
have them clean for the next use?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Carol Brown
Technical Administrator
Westman Regional Laboratory
Fax 204-725-0259

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>