Re: certified Thermometers

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>
From:Tim Morken <>
Content-Type:text/plain; format=flowed

You can get certified thermometers from several scientific supply companies 
such as Fisher, VWR, CMS, etc. The thermometer will come with documentation 
that it has been calibrated against a nationally certified thermometer. They 
will be much more expensive than regular thermometers. Ususally a lab will 
have one set  of these (covering several temperature ranges)to calibrate the 
rest of the thermometers in the lab.

Tim Morken, B.A., EMT(MSA), HTL(ASCP)
Infectious Disease Pathology
Centers for Disease Control
1600 Clifton Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30333


Phone: (404) 639-3964
FAX:  (404)639-3043

----Original Message Follows----
Subject: Thermometers
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 20:23:31 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,
Was wondering if anyone can tell me what I need to know about certified
thermometers that I would be able to use to test our routinely used 
thermometers.  I want to be compliant with all the rules and regs concerning
QC or QA .  would like to purchase a thermometer .  any thoughts???  thanks
in advance!!
  PS.  Currently we are borrowing a thermometer from the local hospital, but
would like to have one of our own.
PPS. Hi Mary Latino!  How goes It?

Jeanne Godine
Histology Supervisor
Pathology Consultants
Lynchburg, VA

Get Your Private, Free Email at

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>