[Histonet] CLIA regulations for person's other than pathologists doing gross descriptions
I know that CLIA has certain regulations but can't put my finger on it right
Does anyone know the requirements for people to do gross descriptions of
small surgicals handy?
Questions have come up, such as:
1. Do they need a BS degree?
2. Do they have to have a histology certification?
CAP requires us to:
1. List the types of specimens that the non-pathologist is able to do.
2. State whether the nature of the pathologist supervision is direct or
3. Have a system to evaluate gross descriptions of non-pathologists.
thanks for your help.
James R. Vickroy BS, HT (ASCP)
Technical Supervisor, Surgical Pathology
This E-Mail and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and
may be legally privileged and /or confidential. If you believe you received
this E-Mail in error, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of
the error, then delete it; do not divulge, copy, forward or use the contents
in any way. Please be aware that any unauthorized use or disclosure of the
contents of this E-Mail may be unlawful.
Memorial Health System
701 N. First Street
Springfield, IL 62781-0001
Histonet mailing list
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>