|From:||SDSU HISTO |
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN - VETERINARY SCIENCE
This is a full-time, temporary position to last approximately three (3) months.
Salary Range N11: $9.39 per hour
POSITION PURPOSE: To prepare histology and immunohistochemistry slides for pathologic examination by faculty and to assist with general laboratory maintenance such as filing microscope slides and blocks, cleaning equipment and loading the tissue processor or automated stainers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· methods, materials, equipment and techniques of laboratory testing, analysis and media preparation;
· basic principles, practices, and procedures of laboratory testing;
· laboratory equipment, procedures, operation, and terminology; and
· safe laboratory practices;
Skill and ability to:
· perform basic microtome;
· prioritize work;
· follow detailed directions and instructions;
· use and maintain laboratory equipment;
· perform laboratory tests or analysis;
· accurately record data onto computer; and
· lift up to 50 lbs.
COMMENTS: Some work with potentially noxious chemicals is performed in the laboratory under a class II fume hood.
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Submit SD Job Application Form to: SDSU Human Resources