Discoloration of liver biopsies
I have tried for several days to get a reply for our problem. I am not sure
I am using Histonet correctly. Help us. We at Children's Memorial Hospital
are having problems with our liver biopsies. Hours to weeks after
coverslipping areas of dark brown discoloration appear. This happens
whether we use our Rush short processing program or the overnight routine
program. We use the Sakura Tissu-Tek coverslipper. Could the film have
something to do with our problems? Thanks to all of you.
From: Lott, Robert [mailto:Robert.Lott@bhsala.com]
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 3:55 PM
To: 'firstname.lastname@example.org'; 'email@example.com'; Kathy Waller
(E-mail); John Ryan (E-mail); Lena Spencer (E-mail); Norton German (E-mail);
Susan Reynolds (E-mail)
Subject: "NEW" Draft of NAACLS Standards for HT-Histotechnician
* A NAACLS (National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences)
task force has been developing new standards for
* To obtain input for the task force, an "open hearing" was conducted at the
annual National Society for Histotechnology S/C in Long
Beach, CA on October 1, 2002. A large contingent of Program Directors,
Program officials, and interested parties attended.
* The resulting draft, including changes recommended at the above hearing,
will appear on the NAACLS website (www.naacls.org)
until March 15, 2003.
* During this time, further input from program directors and interested
practitioners is AGAIN invited.
* Without further input indicating the need for revision, it is likely that
the NAACLS Board of Directors will vote on the adoption of this
draft at their spring meeting.
* Your comments and suggestions are welcome! Contact the NAACLS office
(773-714-8880) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Visit the NAACLS website at: www.naacls.org
* In the middle of the home page, you will find a column of "Announcements."
Highlight and click the topic "Draft of HT Standards."
This will open ht.pdf file(which will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to
view). The latest draft is dated November 10, 2002.
Robert L. Lott, HTL(ASCP)
NSH Representative, NAACLS BOD
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>