|From:||Lee & Peggy Wenk <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
Peggy Wenk here, as the histotech on the "Laboratory Medicine"
Editorial Review Board, asking for your help.
The ASCP Journal "Laboratory Medicine" has a NEW format to it, as
of the January 2001 issue, which you will be receiving soon, if you
haven't already. Please take the time to look over the new format (and
the articles, of course.)
- Shorter, 1/3 page columns of news briefings of compliance, regulations,
and legislation - NEW
- New columns for techs to write in:
- BenchTools = one or two sentences of a work tips that you can share
others. I think many of the little tips we have learned from each other via
Histonet would be nice for the person giving the hint to send along to "Lab
- BenchNet = A brief opinion tool. And Histonetters always have
- LocalTech = A paragraf or two of what your lab/state/region is doing,
time for Histotechs!
If you like the new format, please do 2 things:
1. Fill out the Opinion Card after Page 50. Let ASCP know what Histotechs
think. Our opinions DO count, but only if we vocalize them!
2. Help submit BenchTools, BenchNet and LocalTech tidbits. I may be
some of you after you suggest a little tip on Histonet, to see if you would
them to "Lab Medicine" also. If it's a great time that the Histonetters
the people without computer/internet/email access would also love to hear
via this Journal.
The tips, comments and ideas may be emailed to ASCP Laboratory Medicine
editorial office at
Don't worry about great writting skills. This is tidbits of information,
hints, ideas, suggestions, and opinions. Just like what we see every day
Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)
William Beaumont Hospital
Royal Oak, MI 48073
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>