RE: Hoists?

From:Michael Archambault <>

Try looking for Hoyer lifts (I think that's how you spell it)- they're
primarily used in hospitals and nursing facilities for immobile patients.
Some operate on a hand crank, others on a foot pedal system; there's a sling
that you roll the patient onto, and then hook up it up to the lift.  Once
lifted off of the bed/surface, you can then wheel the whole Hoyer around to
where you need to go.  They really save your back from serious strain.  

You might find them used in hospital supply stores, pharmacies, etc.

Michael Archambault, Research Scientist
Bone and Soft Tissue Program
Osiris Therapeutics Inc, Baltimore MD
410 522-5005 x 226

> ----------
> From: 	Renault, Peter[]
> Sent: 	Wednesday, December 27, 2000 1:30 PM
> To: 	HISTONET (E-mail)
> Subject: 	Hoists?
> 	I have been looking for body hoists, of a portable nature for our
> morgue. I have tried Lipshaw and a few others but want to ensure that I
> have
> checked other outside sources. I seem to have no problem finding
> information
> on Car Hoists and others so if anyone has a company that they have dealt
> with in regards to hoists  at their institutions please feel free to pass
> on
> the information!
> 	Many Thanks in advance for your help
> Pierre Renault Tech 3
> Foothills Hospital 11th Floor
> Calgary Laboratory Services
> *403-670-4855
> pager  303-8327  *

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>