RE: [Histonet] Paraffin embedding tools

From:"Janice Mahoney"

Another very creative idea one of our techs had was to use the top of a
flat head screw.  
What is that phrase...necessity is the mother of invention?
Jan Mahoney
Alegent Health
Omaha, NE

>>> "Mickie Johnson"  08/28/2007 8:00 PM >>>
Hi All,

I have used the aluminum tampers. They are cut pieces of aluminum angle
and such. One thing that works well is the wooden handle of a teasing
needle. Pull out the needle (obvious I know) and use the other end.
Keep it
warm by sticking in the forceps warmer hole. It is much easier to use
the metal tampers. It just fits the old Tissue Tek embedding system.

Good Luck!


Mickie Johnson, B.S., HTL(ASCP)
Mohs Histology Consulting Services, LLC
  & Mohs Lab Staffing
2507 S. Manito Blvd.
Spokane, WA 99203
Web: & 

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 2:33 PM
To: Emily Lockman; 
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Paraffin embedding tools

I think they are called tampers.  I use forceps but I think that's


From: on behalf of Emily
Sent: Tue 8/28/2007 5:13 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Paraffin embedding tools

I am trying to rack my brain to come up with the name of the little
stamper metal things that are used to help make tissue lay flat in the
molds during embedding. If anyone knows the official name of these and
where I can buy them, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Emily M. Lockman, HT (ASCP)

Histotechnologist I, Pathology Services

American Preclinical Services, LLC (APS)

8945 Evergreen Boulevard

Minneapolis, MN 55433

Phone: 763-717-7990

      ext. 2025 (necropsy)

      ext. 2006 (desk)

Fax: 763-717-2042 

Histonet mailing list 

Histonet mailing list 

Histonet mailing list 

Histonet mailing list

<< Previous Message | Next Message >>