[Histonet] Two patient identifiers and handwritten blocks
For those of you that are still handwriting accession numbers on your
1. Do you require both the accession number and the patient's name to
be handwritten on the cassettes to meet the two patient identifier patient
2. If so, do you require the patient's full name? Or last name, first
3. If not using the patient's name as the second identifier, what are
you using? Medical Record Number?
4. If not using two patient identifiers (accession number only), how
are you justifying not using two identifiers to meet the patient safety
5. For those that have implemented adding a second handwritten
identifier to blocks, how did your staff react?
The obvious solution is a cassette labeler, however it just is not going
to happen soon. Thank you in advance for your response to this very
Histonet mailing list
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>