[Histonet] Hospital fetus disposition survey
We are evaluating our current practices for fetus disposal at our facility
and would like to know how both Catholic and non-Catholic hospitals handle
fetus disposition at their facilities. I am interested in practices for
both fetal loss greater than 20 weeks gestation AND less than 20 weeks
gestation (products of conception).
Please include religious affiliation, if any, of your institution.
1. Are parents given the option to have the hospital handle the
disposition for the remains at < 20 wks, >20 weeks, or both?
2. If parents opt for hospital disposition, is it handled on-site, or
contracted by the hospital off-site (with a funeral home)? If off-site,
is the patient charged for disposition?
3. Method of disposition? Cremation? Burial? Other?
4. Are remains collected/disposed of separately, or co-mingled with
5. Is disposal method dictated by State Law? Please include state.
Any additional information you can give me about your practices would be
Thank you in advance for your help.
Histonet mailing list
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>