|From:||"Sarah Jones" (by way of Histonet)|
I'm extremely sorry to send you this, but unfortunately, a virus has been
passed on to me by a previous correspondent. My address book WAS infected.
you are in my address book, there is a good chance you will find it in your
computer too. The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe)is not detected by Norton or
antivirus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the
system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by the address book,
not you sent email to your contacts.
Here's how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it:
1. Go to start, Find or search options.
2. In the file folder option, type the name jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure you search your C:drive and all subfolders and any other drives
you may have.
4. Click "find now"
5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN IT!
6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "select all" to highlight the file
without opening it.
7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then go to the
8. IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS
BOOK, SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.
To do this:
a. Open a new email message
b. Click the icon of the address book next to the "TO"
c. Highlight every name and add to "BCC" (which means blind copy)
d. Copy this message and paste to email
Sorry about the inconvenience!
<< Previous Message | Next Message >>